Email and Content Marketing
Email & Content Marketing
“I don’t have time to write a blog…”We can understand why some people think that writing a blog is a low priority, but when we explain the value of content marketing and how it generates leads, is great for your SEO, and builds brand awareness, the conversation changes dramatically. Take for instance the last time you made a purchase – did you read read a review or visit a piece of content about the product before you made your purchase decision? Chances are you did. Your blog is a platform to build your business, and more than ever Google is rewarding sites that produce fresh engaging content with better search rankings. We know how valuable a solid content strategy is to building your business.
Creating content should be at the core of your business not only because it is a cost effective way to generate brand awareness, customer engagement and generate leads but it because it builds trust.
“Good content marketing builds trust. And if someone trusts you, they are more likely to buy your products and services and more likely to tell their friends and family.” – Neil Patel
Content marketing can help your business by:
- Driving leads
- Increasing backlinks to improve SEO
- Guiding the customer on their purchase journey
- Building a relationship with your customers
- Educating your audience
- Increasing brand awareness
- Building trust
Email marketing is an incredibly cost effective way of acquiring leads. Email Monday even puts a number on it: every dollar you spend on email marketing brings you $38 in return. It is one of the best ways for small business to generate leads.
To run a successful campaign you need to create a lead magnet to gather email addresses (usually a valuable piece of content) and then you need to use an email sequence which educates and nurtures your lead to build trust. Finally you should have an attractive offer at the end of the sequence and a clear call to action to convert your warm lead.
Why use email marketing?
- Email has a median ROI of 122% – over 4x higher than other marketing formats including social media, direct mail, and paid search. (DMA and Demand Metric)
- Email generates a “click through rate of 3.57%,” while Facebook generates a click through rate of 0.07% (Kindness).
- DMA Insight shows that 99% of us check email everyday. For some, that’s as many as 20 times a day.